Technology stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Fluidigm Corp (FLDM): FLDM stock is up 4.1% today.
- Xerox Corp (XRX): XRX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sunpower Corp (SPWR): SPWR stock is up 1.9% today.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is up 1.8% today and up 22.3% in the last month.
- Costar Group (CSGP): CSGP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is up 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Tivo Inc (TIVO): TIVO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cogent Communications Group (CCOI): CCOI stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 4.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sierra Wireless (SWIR): SWIR stock is down 4.0% today.
- Manhattan Associates (MANH): MANH stock is down 3.7% today.
- Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD): BRCD stock is down 3.6% today.
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is down 3.4% today.
- CGI Group (GIB): GIB stock is down 3.4% today.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is down 3.2% today.
- Teletech Holdings (TTEC): TTEC stock is down 3.0% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 2.7% today and down 24.4% in the last month.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.