Technology stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Vasco Data Security International (VDSI): VDSI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Ellie Mae Inc (ELLI): ELLI stock is up 2.9% today and up 20.9% in the last month.
- Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc (TYPE): TYPE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Nic Inc (EGOV): EGOV stock is up 2.8% today.
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Agilent Technologies (A): A stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pegasystems Inc (PEGA): PEGA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Hubbell Inc B (HUB.B): HUB.B stock is up 1.9% today.
- Asm International N.V. (ASMI): ASMI stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Jds Uniphase Corp (JDSU): JDSU stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- The Descartes Systems Group Inc (DSGX): DSGX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cornerstone Ondemand Inc (CSOD): CSOD stock is down 1.4% today.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is down 1.3% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 1.2% today.
- Nxp Semiconductors N.V. (NXPI): NXPI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Constant Contact (CTCT): CTCT stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Interxion Holding N.V. (INXN): INXN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mitel Networks Corp (MITL): MITL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Oracle Corp (ORCL): ORCL stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.