Utilities stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.4%, the Nasdaq was up 1.0% and the S&P 500 increased 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 2.5% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 2.4% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 2.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 2.0% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.