Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.6% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 2.7% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 1.4% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 1.3% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 0.8% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 4.3% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 3.8% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 3.3% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 2.9% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.6% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.