Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 5.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 5.8% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 5.5% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 5.0% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 4.4% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 4.4% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 4.1% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 4.1% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 3.7% today and up 20.7% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 3.2% today and down 22.6% in the last month.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 3.0% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.6% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 2.0% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.1% today and down 34.8% in the last month.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 2.3% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.