Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 5.5% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 3.6% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.0% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 7.1% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 4.8% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 3.1% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 2.8% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 2.3% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 2.1% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 1.5% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.