Basic materials stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 5.9% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 4.8% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 3.7% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.9% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 2.6% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 4.8% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 4.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.5% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 2.2% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 2.0% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.1% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.