Basic materials stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 8.9% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is up 5.7% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Compx International Inc (CIX): CIX stock is up 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 6.5% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 4.9% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 4.0% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 3.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 3.4% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 3.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 3.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 3.0% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 2.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.