Basic materials stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 4.8% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 2.5% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 3.6% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is down 1.6% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.