Basic materials stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.1% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 rose 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 2.1% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is up 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 1.6% today and up 21.1% in the last month.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 1.2% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.3% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.