Capital goods stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 0.9% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is up 0.8% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 0.8% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 4.7% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 1.3% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Pall Corp (PLL): PLL stock is down 1.2% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.