Capital goods stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.1%, the Nasdaq increased 1.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 1.8% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is up 1.5% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is up 1.3% today.
- Pall Corp (PLL): PLL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 2.0% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 1.2% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 0.9% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is down 0.8% today.
- National Presto Industries (NPK): NPK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 0.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.