Capital goods stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 5.3% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 2.2% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 0.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is down 0.3% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 0.2% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.