Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is up 36.4% today and up 35.4% in the last month.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 5.1% today.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is up 4.4% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 3.2% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.6% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.8% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 2.5% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 2.5% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 4.7% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 1.2% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is down 0.5% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.