Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.9% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 6.4% today and up 22.8% in the last month.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 5.0% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 4.9% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 4.7% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 4.5% today.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is up 4.4% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Hanwha Q Cells Co. Ltd (HQCL): HQCL stock is up 4.3% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 4.3% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 4.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Talisman Energy Inc (TLM): TLM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.