Energy stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 5.1% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 5.0% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 4.8% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is up 4.5% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 4.2% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 4.0% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 4.0% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 4.3% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 3.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is down 2.3% today.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 0.6% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 0.4% today.
- Talisman Energy Inc (TLM): TLM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is down 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is down 0.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.