Energy stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 7.6% today and up 76.4% in the last month.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 8.5% today and up 29.0% in the last month.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 7.0% today and up 38.9% in the last month.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 6.1% today and up 31.0% in the last month.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 6.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 5.7% today and up 42.0% in the last month.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 5.6% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 4.6% today and up 36.5% in the last month.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 4.6% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 5.3% today and up 38.8% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 6.4% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 5.2% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 0.7% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.