Energy stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 5.9% today and up 53.6% in the last month.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 3.6% today and up 75.4% in the last month.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 2.2% today and up 35.3% in the last month.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 5.6% today and up 24.8% in the last month.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.9% today and up 46.7% in the last month.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 2.7% today and up 23.1% in the last month.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 2.7% today and up 35.6% in the last month.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Lrr Energy L.P. (LRE): LRE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 7.2% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 5.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 6.0% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 1.9% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is down 1.7% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 1.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.