Energy stocks advanced 1.4% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 13.6% today and up 68.5% in the last month.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is up 6.5% today and up 58.5% in the last month.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is up 4.3% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 5.3% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 4.1% today and up 29.8% in the last month.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Lrr Energy L.P. (LRE): LRE stock is up 3.4% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 3.3% today and up 28.5% in the last month.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 2.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 1.8% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.