Financial stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.6% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 3.2% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 2.6% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.3% today and up 20.1% in the last month.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc (HBAN): HBAN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 2.1% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 1.9% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Partnerre Ltd (PRE): PRE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.