Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 2.4% today and up 33.0% in the last month.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 2.4% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Greenlight Capital Re (GLRE): GLRE stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 2.0% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 4.2% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Chubb Corp (CB): CB stock is down 0.8% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 0.7% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Partnerre Ltd (PRE): PRE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.