Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is up 4.6% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 4.0% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 4.0% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 4.1% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 3.8% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is up 3.4% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 3.9% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 3.8% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 3.6% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 12.1% today and down 26.8% in the last month.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is down 4.5% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 3.2% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 2.7% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 3.2% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Massmutual Participation Investors (MPV): MPV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.