Financial stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Central Europe and Russia Fund (CEE): CEE stock is up 3.2% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 3.2% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 3.1% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is up 3.1% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 2.9% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 2.8% today.
- First Tennessee National Corp (FHN): FHN stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is down 0.6% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 0.6% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Eaton Vance Municipal Income T (ETX): ETX stock is down 0.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Hcc Insurance Holdings (HCC): HCC stock is down 0.3% today.
- MFS Multimarket Income Trust (MMT): MMT stock is down 0.3% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.