Financial stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Goldman Sachs Group (GS): GS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 1.4% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 1.4% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Unumprovident Corp (UNM): UNM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 2.5% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eaton Vance Municipal Income T (ETX): ETX stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is down 1.7% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is down 1.6% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.