Healthcare stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 8.8% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 6.5% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is up 4.0% today.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 0.5% today and up 23.3% in the last month.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is up 0.4% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 4.0% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 3.4% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 3.4% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 4.0% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 2.7% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 2.4% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 2.9% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.