Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.6% and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is up 4.0% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is up 3.4% today.
- Array Biopharma Inc (ARRY): ARRY stock is up 3.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 2.9% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cardiovascular Systems (CSII): CSII stock is up 2.7% today and up 24.7% in the last month.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.