Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 2.3% today and up 26.4% in the last month.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 2.0% today.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cardiovascular Systems (CSII): CSII stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.