Services stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Rentrak Corp (RENT): RENT stock is up 4.3% today.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is up 2.7% today.
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hibbett Sports (HIBB): HIBB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL): CBRL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Automatic Data Processing (ADP): ADP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Zumiez Inc (ZUMZ): ZUMZ stock is up 1.7% today.
- Churchill Downs Inc (CHDN): CHDN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Costco Wholesale Corp (COST): COST stock is up 1.4% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (BBBY): BBBY stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Box Inc (BOX): BOX stock is down 6.4% to a new 52-week low of $17.07.
- China Lodging Group Limited (HTHT): HTHT stock is down 2.9% today.
- Aruba Networks (ARUN): ARUN stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Brady Corp (BRC): BRC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Trimas Corp (TRS): TRS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is down 1.7% today.
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is down 1.7% today.
- ABM Industries Incorporated (ABM): ABM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Huron Consulting Group Inc (HURN): HURN stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.