Technology stocks finished up 1.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.0% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is up 8.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Akamai Technologies (AKAM): AKAM stock is up 6.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is up 5.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Proto Labs Inc (PRLB): PRLB stock is up 4.4% today.
- Taser International (TASR): TASR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Progress Software Corp (PRGS): PRGS stock is up 4.2% today.
- NCR Corp (NCR): NCR stock is up 4.1% today.
- Changyou.Com Limited (CYOU): CYOU stock is up 4.1% today.
- Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc (TYPE): TYPE stock is up 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Computer Sciences Corp (CSC): CSC stock is up 3.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is down 4.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Fei Company (FEIC): FEIC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Analogic Corp (ALOG): ALOG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 0.7% today.
- Webmd Health Corp (WBMD): WBMD stock is down 0.7% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 0.5% today.
- United Microelectronics Corp (UMC): UMC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cabot Microelectronics Corp (CCMP): CCMP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Sohu.Com Inc (SOHU): SOHU stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.