Transportation stocks advanced 0.6% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 6.0% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 6.1% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 4.6% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 3.4% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 3.2% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 3.6% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is down 5.8% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is down 3.7% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 2.6% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 3.8% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.1% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.