Utilities stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 0.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 0.5% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 1.4% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 1.0% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 0.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.