Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.7% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 1.0% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 3.8% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.