Basic materials stocks remained flat on Tuesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 2.2% today and up 21.4% in the last month.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.8% today and up 20.5% in the last month.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 0.6% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 0.8% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 7.2% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.7% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.