Basic materials stocks finished up 0.1% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 2.1% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 1.9% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 1.4% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 1.4% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 1.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 4.5% today and down 22.8% in the last month.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 4.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 3.6% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.5% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.3% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.