Basic materials stocks finished up 0.1% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 2.1% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 1.9% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 1.4% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 1.4% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 1.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 4.5% today and down 22.8% in the last month.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 4.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 3.6% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.5% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.3% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.