Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Thursday, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 0.8% today.
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 6.6% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 5.2% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 5.0% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 4.5% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 4.6% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 3.9% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 3.8% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 3.7% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 3.5% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 3.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.