Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 1.2% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 0.8% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 0.8% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 4.1% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 3.3% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.1% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 1.5% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.5% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.