Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is up 0.7% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 0.6% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 0.5% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.8% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 3.4% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 2.7% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 2.5% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 2.5% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.