Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 0.5% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 0.4% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 0.4% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 0.4% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.3% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 0.3% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 0.2% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 3.7% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 3.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 3.4% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 2.7% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 2.4% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.