Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Monday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 6.2% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 4.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 3.9% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 3.7% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 4.2% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 3.3% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 3.5% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 2.8% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 2.6% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 1.5% today.
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 0.9% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.