Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.8% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 0.7% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 0.6% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 2.7% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 2.5% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 2.4% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 2.0% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 2.0% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.