Capital goods stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.9% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is up 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Donaldson Company (DCI): DCI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Pall Corp (PLL): PLL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Graco Inc (GGG): GGG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 0.9% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is down 0.3% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 0.2% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.