Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.7%, the Nasdaq fell 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 1.3% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 0.4% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 0.5% today.
- UBS Ag Ordinary Shares When Iss (UBS): UBS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 4.1% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 3.4% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 4.0% today and down 26.5% in the last month.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is down 1.6% today.
- The Navigators Group (NAVG): NAVG stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.