Financial stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.3%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 4.0% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is up 3.0% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 2.8% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 2.7% today.
- Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): PFG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Invesco Plc (IVZ): IVZ stock is up 2.5% today.
- Stancorp Financial Group (SFG): SFG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 1.1% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 0.7% today.
- F.N.B. Corp (FNB): FNB stock is down 0.7% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.