Financial stocks declined 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.3% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is up 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Calamos Convertible and High (CHY): CHY stock is up 1.2% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is up 0.9% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 0.9% today.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 2.4% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE): ERIE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is down 1.9% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cna Financial Corp (CNA): CNA stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.