Financial stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 4.4% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is up 3.9% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 4.2% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 3.9% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 4.1% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 3.8% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is up 4.0% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 4.1% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 3.4% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 4.0% today and down 22.9% in the last month.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 2.6% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is down 3.7% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 2.7% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 2.5% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 2.7% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.