Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is up 5.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 4.4% today.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is up 4.2% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is up 3.7% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 3.7% today.
- Independent Bank (INDB): INDB stock is up 3.7% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.6% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.0% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.