Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 1.5% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 1.5% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 1.1% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 0.9% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 0.8% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 2.9% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 2.3% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 2.3% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 2.1% today.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 2.0% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.