Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is up 2.4% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 6.1% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.7% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 2.6% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.