Healthcare stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 7.0% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 3.3% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 3.2% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is up 2.8% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is up 2.8% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.