Services stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Alexander’s Inc (ALX): ALX stock is up 5.8% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB): PEB stock is up 4.7% today.
- Geo Group Inc (GEO): GEO stock is up 4.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Vornado Realty Trust (VNO): VNO stock is up 4.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Hudson Pacific Properties (HPP): HPP stock is up 4.0% today.
- Dupont Fabros Technology (DFT): DFT stock is up 3.9% today.
- Douglas Emmett (DEI): DEI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Medical Properties Trust (MPW): MPW stock is up 3.8% today.
- Biomed Realty Trust (BMR): BMR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Rlj Lodging Trust (RLJ): RLJ stock is up 3.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Liberty Global (LBTYB): LBTYB stock is down 6.0% today.
- Penn National Gaming (PENN): PENN stock is down 3.3% today.
- Denny’s Corp (DENN): DENN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cintas Corp (CTAS): CTAS stock is down 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is down 1.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Huron Consulting Group Inc (HURN): HURN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Dish Network Corp (DISH): DISH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Neustar Inc (NSR): NSR stock is down 1.1% today.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM): MGM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (BBBY): BBBY stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.